Saturday, May 20, 2006

sporting

Had a pretty good time sport climbing at Lake Louise yesterday. The fire is burning again for bolts and I find myself content with just trying to get strong at the crag and having a good time with friends and enjoying my surroundings. For the last few years it seems I have pushed sport climbing away, or at least at arms reach, dabbling in here and there just for "completness" sake. Trying at least to pursue climbing on mountains and on longer traditional climbs. From 99-02 I was sport climbing a lot and having a fine time out there, not yet living in the hills but getting out from Edmonton every weekend, the sport climbing worked its way into my confidence and those yeasr I was able to do some of the best climbs of my ability both on yam (dreambed, jimmy and the cruisers, etc) and at the crag (lots of 12s done in an afternoon)..... I think that great well rounded climbers are not chained to any one discipline but are accepting of all techniques and types of climbing and that the style in which these things are done in carries the most importance.....

No comments: