Monday, September 04, 2006

Dave Thompson






The last couple of weeks have been spent in a state of rest and relaxation, this past week, spent with my sister and mom in the open landscape of the Dave Thompson Corridor, was no exception. With Michelle hiking in the Skoki valley with friends, I loaded up the car with all the nescessary accoutrements and pointed north towards a weekend of fantastic eating, swimming and socializing. Sunday morning was spent lazing about and having a big, slow breakfast before heading off in our seperate ways. Later that day, after going for a bike ride to siffleur falls and bouldering near waterfowl lakes until my fingers were raw and my forarms pumped, I sat at the lake, dusty with chalk, and watched the blue haze hang in the valley off towards jasper and the fading fall light bounce of the water and get absorbed by the austere walls of Mt. Chephren. perfect.