Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chic Scotts Absence


With the arrival of autumn comes a most enjoyable time of year, quiet. Even though the weekends are still super busy, my walk into work down the calm pathways and silent streets are a reminder of the approaching winter and months of quiet in town. It is with winter in mind that I searched high and low for my copy of Chic Scott's venerable ski touring guidebook for the area but with no avail. My copy was lost. No problem, right? Wrong! The publisher has cancelled printing on this classic in favour of other titles. "marshes and wild-grasses of lower Saskatewan" perhaps?. Who is to say, not this guidebook-less fellow. Needless to say I was in turmoil as my nightly activity past Oct1 is pouring a few fingers of 10yr and flipping through guidebooks, glory at my fingertips and joy in my brain.

Our friends Jay and Jen invited me over for a movie last week while Michelle was in school. "Is anyone missing Ski tours" rang through the room and into my ears. It seems Jay has been collecting the books and now they are worth more then solid gold bouillon so its not a bad collection if you ask me. " I seem to have mis-placed mine".....Well, Jay gave me the book and everything is right in the world.

No comments: