Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wishbone

This last friday, Mike and I shot up the parkway for an alpine mission. We had our sights set on something that we heard was in but as we ascended the broken talus and lateral moraines to get there, our eyes caught sight of a cool line coming down and barely touching the ground- we decided to check it out...

Mike brought a big piece of french bread for lunch, not sure why this photo made it in here?
The aformentioned hike and the weather which proved to be wintery
Entering the chimney, as I was climbing this I heard a loud pop in my shoulder. Trying to weight bear was painful, I finished to pitch and Mike came up to the belay. Having dislocated his shoulder years ago, he had some good questions to ask me before we decided to go down. The thing was swelling up faster that a fish in the sun. This route will have to wait...
Mike killing it on the first attempt to get to the ice, good effort. Too thin for us- no gear, scary.
 Good times, Doc says its a "torn posterior rotator cuff ligament". Try saying that at 6am, or anytime for that matter. Either way I am off the sauce for a few weeks while I recover the arm, hopefully back at it in mid November!

No comments: