Sunday, January 24, 2010

Whats In Your Bag?- Ski Touring

After a great trip with Marc yesterday to Mt. Nibloc, the coffee is flowing this morning and the gear is drying on the floor beside me. For some reason I want to tell you what goes into the pack for an average tour in the backcountry without glacier travel:
1) Pack: Deuter Guidelite 32- One of the best packs I have ever used because it can haul loads and is super light.
2) Big Jacket: Patagonia Das Parka- The best
3) 3 Pair Gloves: Light, medium, Damn Cold!
4) Goggles: I prefer one with a low light lens
5) Skins: G3 Alpinist- Still gathering an opinion on these..
6) Insulated Water bottle carrier: Keeps tea warm all day, is much lighter than a thermos
7) Sunglasses, headlamp, TP, Sunscreen, lighter, thermometer
8) Emergency Bivi Bag, First Aid Kit
9) Snow/Wood Saw: Allows not only snow work but emergency fire building
10) Probe: I like one that you can clip to your harness to drag behind on a glacier
11) Shovel: G3- I love this shovel
12) Beacon: D3- Its good at most things
13) Licorice: Never leave without it

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it! good auzie black licorice a must for sure!