Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Red Rocks- Vegas

I had the chance to do a quick "credit card" trip to Red Rocks last week and it was really great. There was a time, a few short years ago that I would be on the road every winter to some sunny climbing local and it was great to have a mini-road trip again. Red Rocks is a truly great place for a moderate level climber like me, so many super classic long routes and excellent sport climbing.


Hiking to "sunny and steep" a great spot where you can get your T-Rex ski arms back into shape in under 5 hours.
Classic crack climbing on Windy Peak, Diet Delight.

Another good thing was that I could reconnect with my good buddy Leigh for this trip. Her and I used to travel south often to escape the winters cold when we were mostly just rock climbers. We both got worked on the few climbs we could do in 5 days...highlights were..Solar Flare 5.10 5 pitches of glorious gear climbing, Diet Delight 5.9 4 pithes, Windy Peak..Our first route there and a good primer. Kraft boulders, Calico 2 and Sunny and steep...oh yeah...and Atman!

No comments: