Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Year In Photos

Looking through photos today made me realize a few things: The importance of friends, the importance of family and the importance of doing things that are good for your soul.

Here are some photos from the last year that help me reflect on the above. I hope that you all can think about important moments from this past year and be grateful in some way, enjoy.

Hayden, my nephew. I have had the chance to spend more time with my family since this little guy was born and it has been wonderful. I love this guy.
Craig and Catherine's wedding.
Drew on the way to Mt. Gimili. This was one of favourite trips of the summer, thanks to the great company and great surroundings and of course, outstanding choice of route.
Zach, North Wapta. Zach has been my best ski partner over the last couple of years, always keen to get out and do whatever is in shape. This trip to the N. Wapta was such a trip, we had intentions on a bigger objective but with a 48 hour window of weather we headed to this familiar place. We skied off the summit of Mt. Collie and had some time to relax in camp in T shirts. This is why I like spring touring so.
The boys on the way to california. G, Jon and I went to Cali on a fantastic road trip. This was one of the best trips I have ever had, we climbed everything we wanted to do and had a lot of fun doing so. We missed our friend Mike immensely and spoke of him a lot.
Erin. We travel, eat wonderful food, have great conversations and laugh for no reason at all.
Mike was my best friend. So long brother.
In the airport in Ottawa after seeing Mike for the last time, we needed to unwind. Jon always has something that will make us all laugh.

No comments: