Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rockies Days

Had a great morning skiing to the top of and off the summit of my favourite local peak. It has rewarded us over the years with blower powder, brilliant views and amazing memories on the up-track. When you ski at a place enough, it becomes like a friend. I recall an outing last year during an impressively dry few weeks where the conditions were just atrocious for skiing: 1'' ice lens over facets. Although I felt bad for taking my friends out for possibly the worst skiing they had ever had, I actually remember feeling content and happy. Its just great to be out with friends on a beautiful mountain.

Wonderful uptrack through old burns..This morning I did not enjoy my usual 2 x espresso shots and on account was moving at a bit of a slower pace, allowing me to look around a bit more and use my "brick" (DSLR) a bit more.
As mentioned, today we got to ski right off the summit for 14oo m of fall line right to the valley bottom. Just great conditions in the Rockies right now..
Craig pushing some snow to the right
I like how this turned out even though I didn't get the exposure right at all, Craig is shown again with the snow to the right..

I hope everyone is out enjoying these great conditions right now!

No comments: