Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Limestone Astronauts

Today, Jeff and I shot up to Yamnuska to try our luck on the Bowl route. The day started typically enough, coffee at the summit cafe, turning around because I forgot my sneakers and am not man enough to walk up in my flip flops, hiking up the trail in the heat of the late morning with shirts off and anticipating the climbing ahead.
The Bowl is a old school classic that blasts a stellar line through some roofs and corners near the middle/east part of the cliff. As usual, we had a good time hooting and hollering up the burly moves and taking in the exposure and setting. Its a great climb that delivered good climbing on decent stone. At one point you even get to clip an old 2x4 that was placed on the first ascent, moldy and rotten as it is!Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOG. Nice one, Rossco and Jeff - my support for the trip back for proper footwear. Last time you tried an approach in flipflops with me you ended up suffering uncalled-for foot-pain from a gash on your toe while soloing choss trying to find the part of reprobate that had 'cleaned up'. Presumably the foot is now in great shape, but the alternate start of the route.... one can only hope.
I'm gettin' stoked for the big send planned for later in the summer! - beaker

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, I have learned little since we last climbed but at least I dont where flip flops in scree anymore, too much floating around in your hemogloban once your shoes are on....