Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mt. Edith Cavell

On Saturday night, Michelle and I packed our packs and shot up the highway to Jasper to climb the classic East Ridge of Mt. Edith Cavell. After a quick parking lot bivy, we awoke at 3 am and hit the trail. Our friends John and Martin were also climbing on Sunday and we all launched up the ridge, enjoying the great weather and views, soaking it all in and enjoying the fine company. This was also Michelle's first big alpine climb after she broke her foot in May, it was really great that she could be up there. A really great day!

On the Approach scramble.
Michele with broken foot, all smiles.

Michelle and summit.
Tonquin Valley.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ross and Michelle, I enjoyed seeing these Mt. Edith Cavell pics. You two are awesome and Michelle you are truly amazing doing this big climb soon after your injuries. Keep it up you two and I hope to see you soon. I've had to stay here in Edm. most of the summer which I'll explain when I see you next time. Dusty Dave