Monday, May 03, 2010

Vancouver

Well a few weeks ago I spent 14 days in the Vancouver area for work. Most of which I stayed with my very good friend, Leigh. Just a few shots from the visit and of the area.


Leigh and me goofing off as per usual.
Wonderful baristas live in Vancouver. There are high quality cafe's everywhere. This place was Leigh's favourite and is now mine!
Docked work boat in Nanaimo. I had a few hours between meetings so I grabbed my camera and went for a walk along the harbour looking for an espresso shack. I found neat photo opportunities in these old workboats. What was cool was that these boats get repainted every year or two and the really old boats have a very weathered and "lived" look about them with the many layers of paint.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made my day, Ross. Thanks for the laugh.

gman said...

Leigh? Who is Leigh? Why have we never heard abut her?

Ross Mailloux said...

Hmmm...the story of Leigh and I...where does it start...well I was 16, she was..well...I am not sure? We journeyed south (to Cali and redrocks) together more than once and are kindred spirits with our zany sense of humor and slow witted charm that really needs to be seen to believe. Leigh is one in a million! :)

R

Anonymous said...

Two peas in one zany pod. You are one in a million too, friend.