Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sḵwxwú7mesh aka Squamish


Just arrived home from a great and relaxing trip out to the coast, namely the Squamish and Vancouver zones. The former for the excellent rock climbing and the latter to see my good friend Leigh for some good food. We were lucky enough to have 4 days of climbing with one day of relaxing and many nights of socializing with friends new and old. I get to travel to this part of the world for work but it is not often where I can enjoy the surroundings without submitting to a phone call or a meeting. This trip however the phone was mostly away, the flip flops were out and a vacation was had by all!
I want to make the most of our summer road trip, how can I do this Canadian Tire? Oh, with the help of low priced camping supplies! We picked up a tarp here, now on with the road trip!
Linus the dog, Erin's best bud. He fasted for most of the trip but came to stirring life when presented with steak leftovers...
Every night we ate well, here is a lemongrass pork salad with pear.
Peasants Route, on our first day we managed a great 8 pitches at the base of the Grand Wall culminating in this route. A great one at that, this picture captures the crux pitch.
Our camp at Alice lake, we spent 4 nights here cooking, drinking nice wine selections and enjoying good company. I feel like I could have stayed there for another two weeks easy.

Erin enjoying life on peasants route.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You have a nice life, my friend. Leigh