Friday, August 27, 2010

6 Months


It has been 6 months since my very good friend Mike passed away. I usually think of him everyday, sometimes I miss a day or two but most days I think of something he did or said. Mike was a really great person, one of the best I have known. He was a great climbing partner, he would say things like "what a great lead" or "Man, you made that look sooo easy" all the time, even when you looked like a drunk sailor! I remember a trip, recently broken from a rather nasty time in my life where we drove to Yamnuska from Edmonton for a day on our favourite cliff. We started up and I couldn't bring myself to climb, I was too bummed out and I felt terrible about it. Then Mike offered, "Why don't we head down, grab a coffee and go for a drive?". It was exactly what I needed, even though this was Mikes one day all week to climb, we ended up walking, coffee in hand up a creek, Mike playing therapist. It was one of the best days.

Here is to good friends.

1 comment:

This.Dude said...

Mike will forever be missed and never forgotten. I still think about about him almost everyday...