Saturday, September 04, 2010

Fall and Times

Well friends it is basically Autumn in the mountains these days, winter in the big peaks and occasionally summer here in the valley bottoms of Canmore. Town is quiet and in the morning the air bites and you know that soon the first storms will arrive and winter will capture the landscape for a few months. This is also one of my favourite times of the year. Nursing a bit of a shoulder injury, I have been taking it easy in the climbing department. I find myself focusing on biking, cooking and preparing for my next trip out to the coast later in the month. Recuperation is on the front burner, hopefully in time for a winter climbing trip to some warm locale.

Yamnuska. THE crown jewell of trad climbing in the Rockies
Skunk Cabbage, Lake Louise.
Eeor (East end of Rundle)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should go on a road trip to, say, Bishop and enjoy a little more summer?